1. My name is Honorable Princess Miriam Onuoha, I represent the people of Isiala-Mbano/Onuimo/Okigwe Federal Constituency – I am from Imo State.
2. I stand this morning to lend my voice in condemnation of this heinous act called, rape.
3. Every woman, every man, the world over, the entire country and my constituents, I urge you to stand up against this act.
4. Five minutes pleasure for every rapist represents a lifetime of nightmare for all rape victims.
5. There is no excuse and there is no reason, there is no justification whatsoever for rape.
6. Often times, the women and the girls who are victims of rape are being accused themselves.
7. When would we stop the condemnation as to how a girl is dressed, as to how beautiful she appeared on the day she was raped?
8. Most rape victims are not even alive to tell the story.
9. I say no to rape, this act must stop, and together I urge you to lend your voice so that we can END this culture of rape.
10. I also use this platform to appeal to all… uh, women, to be brave and bold, and stand up anytime their rights are being abused in the area of rape. Feel no shame, stand up to it, and then speak up.
11. Avoid any form of stigma which is also condemned, and is attached to rape.
12. Rape must stop in Nigeria.
13. Thank you!