Kogi State Governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has inaugurated the Kogi State CARES Steering Committee today, February 16.
The inauguration was performed by the
Secretary to the State Government(SSG), Dr Ayoade Folashade Arike who represented the Governor.
The inaugurated committee members comprises:
- Mukadam Idris Asiru Asiwaju, Honourable Commissioner for Finance, Budget and Economic Planning- Chairman
- Hon. David Apeh, Honourable Commissioner for Agriculture – Member
- Hon Idris Musa, Honourable Commissioner for Youth and Sports – Member
- Hon. Gabriel Olofu, Honourable Commissioner for Commerce and Industry – Member
- Hon. Daniel Oneil Ejigbo, Honourable Commissioner for Rural Development – Member
- Hajia Fatima Kabir Buba, Honourable Commissioner for Women Affairs and Social Development – Member
- Chief Victor Adewale Omafaiye, Honourable Commissioner for Environment – Member
- Prince Abdulkareem Onyekehi Suleiman, Special Adviser to the Governor on Special Projects, Focal Person, Social Investments Program – Member
- Hon. Raphael Olorunfemi Okomoda, Board Chairman, Kogi Community and Social Development Agency – Member
- Alh Sani Haruna Mohammmed, Head of CARES Coordinating Unit – Secretary
The CARES program focuses on livelihood support, MSMEs and agricultural intervention grants.
The responsibility of the committee is to provide oversight and policy guidance to the program.
Speaking with DgovScoops, Chairman of the Committee, Mukadam Ashiru Idris thanked the Governor for reposing confidence in members of the Committee and assured they will not disappoint in the discharge of their duties to the citizenry.