By Juliet Uduji
See Press Statement:
RESULT OF THE SECOND BALLOT IN THE SELECTION PROCESS BY SOUTH-EAST APC INTEGRITY GROUP IN RESPECT OF THE PREFERRED 2023 PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT OF SOUTH-EAST APC PRESIDENCY PROJECT 2023.
Shortlisted from 17 possible 2023 presidential aspirants of South-East extraction on APC platform are 10 of them whose votes are as follows:
- Hon Dr Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba – 41 votes.
- HE Dr Ogbonnaya Onu – 6 votes.
- HE Engr David Nweze Umahi – 5 votes.
- HE Mr Peter Obi – 2 votes.
- HE Barr Sullivan Iheanacho Chime – 1 vote.
- HE Sen Rochas Anayo Okorocha – 1 vote.
- Chief Chris Chikwado Ibe – 1 vote.
- HE Sen Ken Nnamani – No vote.
- HE Sen Dr Orji Uzor Kalu – No vote.
- Chief Francis Nomeh Mgbada – No vote.
- Total registered voters – 75. They were nominated on the basis of 5 selectors from each of the 15 senatorial zones or 15 selectors from each of the 5 states of the South-East.
- Total number of votes cast – 57.
- Abstention – 18.
Highest scorers are 1-4 and each of them scored 2 or more votes. Among the 3 persons who scored 1 vote each, the Convener/Moderator uses his casting vote to include HE Barr Sullivan Iheanacho Chime to the list of 5 highest scoring possible presidential aspirants of South-East extraction on APC platform to be visited individually by a team of delegates of South-East APC Integrity Group.
Our regards to the 57 nominated selectors who actually voted in the polling exercise that was conducted online on Saturday, 19th June 2021.
Dr Chinedu Jideofo-Ogbuagu
South-East APC Integrity Group.